Friday, March 2, 2012

The Line in the Sand

            And so the blogging journey begins! It’s tough to know where to start… especially when I have been contemplating starting this thing for months now! I keep finding reasons to put it off - school, work, and my own insecurities about being vulnerable and sharing my heart have simply gotten in the way of my taking the plunge. But over the past few days, I just haven’t been able to shake the conviction that while I am busy “looking busy” with studying and commitments, I am missing out on the present moment! What’s more, I am forgetting to remember how much I have learned and changed and grown, especially over the past four years, thanks to the work that God is doing in my life. I have been so preoccupied with my to-do list that I have forgotten to slow down and savor life’s simple pleasures. I have forgotten to look back with thankfulness for what He has done and to look forward with faith in what He says He is going to do. Today I am drawing the line in the sand! From this point forward, I am going to relish every moment of every day, and I hope to share some of the highlights from that journey here with you!
            If you already know me, it is no secret that I have a real passion for health and fitness. As cliché as it may sound, wellness isn’t just skin-deep; true vigor, confidence, and life start with the soul. My faith in a powerful God is what motivates me to keep plugging along, and my desire is to help others become the strongest version of themselves so that they are physically and emotionally equipped to serve the purpose that He has designed for them. I hope that this site becomes a place where I can share thoughts, musings, tips, ideas, recipes, quotes, lyrics, scriptures…you name it. And I hope that these words reach someone who needs to hear that all of the strength that they could possibly need lies in the hands of an awesome God.
            So here it goes! I have to admit, stepping over that line in the sand is more invigorating than I imagined! In the coming weeks, I hope to write more about where I have been, where I am, and where I feel called to go… because I feel like I am on the brink of a pretty incredible journey, and I can’t wait to see where the path leads!

Happy Friday!

“Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them fade from your heart as long as you live.” - Deuteronomy 4:9

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder. It's easy to get sucked into our "stuff" and lose focus of the present. I'm all too guilty of not living in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't we all! It's always good to pause and take a second to remember :) And thank you for reading! It means a lot to me since I'm just trying to get this thing up and going!

      Delete