Monday, March 12, 2012

Kicking Off the "Working Week"

Today has been crazy! Between an oil change this morning, a meeting with a seminary recruiter in Buford for lunch, and a late meeting for work back in Athens this evening, this day has worn me out in the best kind of way. By the time I walked through my apartment door at 7:15 p.m., I was happy to count my blessings... including the blessing of the sun staying up so late in the evening (thank you, daylight savings!)

Couldn't resist the picture of my record clock, even if it is out of batteries. It is Music Monday, after all!




After such a hectic day, I think that Elvis Costello's "Welcome to the Working Week" is the perfect choice for Music Monday. This is from one of my favorite albums, and it was the perfect soundtrack for my drive up 316 and back today!

"Welcome to the workin' week.
You gotta do it till you're through it so you better get to it.

I hear you sayin', "Hey, the city's all right
when you only read about it in books.
Spend all your money gettin' so convinced
that you never even bother to look.
Sometimes I wonder if we're livin' in the same land,
Why d'you wanna be my friend when I feel like a juggler
running out of hands?

Welcome to the workin' week, oh, welcome to the working week."


Here's to a productive and joyful week!



No comments:

Post a Comment