These products are so good! I have never had orange marmalade before, but it is citrus-y and sweet... the perfect spring treat for toast, peanut butter and marmalade sandwiches, and more. And the coconut almond breeze is just as awesome! It has added the perfect unique twist to my cereal, oatmeal, and coffee this week.
Earlier this week, I decided that I needed to put these guys into action together. Since I am such a big pancake fan, I decided to concoct something a little bit different and new! These pancakes are moist and filling, and taste awesome with sliced banana and a little bit of syrup on top. And with 292 calories, less than 4 grams of fat, and 9 grams of protein for the entire recipe, you can indulge to your heart's content!
Tropical Banana Pancakes
Makes four small pancakes. Serves 1-2. Total time: about 35 minutes.
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
1 tsp pure cane sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp orange marmalade spreadable fruit
1/8 cup unsweetened coconut almond milk
1/2 ripe banana
1 egg white
1. Slice banana in half and mash with a fork in a small bowl until it becomes as smooth as possible.
2. Add remaining wet ingredients (vanilla extract, orange marmalade, coconut almond milk, and egg white) to the small bowl with the banana and mix until smooth.
3. In large bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, coconut, sugar, salt, and baking powder) and stir until mixed.
4. Add wet ingredients to the large bowl, and mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
5. Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray and bring to medium heat. Once heated, pour about 1/4 of batter onto skillet.
6. Once bubbles begin to form around the edges, use a spatula to flip your pancake. (Rocker pig cheered me on in the process...)
And hopefully it will look something like this. Nice and golden brown! (Not perfectly round, but it is homemade after all!)
7. Once both sides are lightly browned, remove pancake from skillet and repeat these steps until you have used all of your batter. Serve pancakes topped with sliced bananas, fresh berries, whipped topping, or fresh maple syrup. Enjoy!
Have a wonderful weekend!